Thursday, September 28, 2006

Online learning? hmmm

I've been thinking of taking some courses to help with my t-shirt business, and I thought perhaps a business course of some sort may be advantageous. I mean, you're never too old to learn, are you? The thing that has always been a draw-back for me taking any higher education courses at our local colleges or universities is the fact that I'm older now, and I don't think I would feel comfortable in a class of young whipper-snappers! I say that in the most endearing way! But when I toss the idea of learning online around, that doesn't seem quite so uncomfortable to me.

So in my search to scope things out, I came across this web release for Capella University. They are an accredited online university, which was founded in 1993. They offer several different degree programs.

Personally, I'm not looking for a degree of any sort, but just to take a course or two that may teach me a thing or two that is relative to growing my own business more efficiently. However, for those people that may not have the availability of a nearby college or university, this may be a perfect alternative to having to worry about lodging expenses away from home -- class is as close as your home pc, and with the higher costs of living these days, avoiding extra expenses such as these are always a bonus!

No comments: