Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Aquafit for the unfit?

Yowza! Just got home from tonight's Aquafit class. Now seriously, how much of an aerobic workout would you think you would get it water? Well, let me tell you, I just know I'm going to be sore in the morning! Our regular instructor was absent tonight, so we had a fill-in instructor, and did she give us a good going over! She worked us from head to toe, and I think I'm still trying to catch my breath! But it's all good though.

The thing about doing an aerobic workout in water, is there is no impact, so you don't get sore joints from all that bouncing around, and you get a great resistance workout with the water helping to resist against you.

So the next time you want to giggle at someone when the mention Aquafit or Water aerobics, think again, because it's not just some slight movements in the water for old ladies. It's for everyone, and everyone can benefit from it!

Olivia

No comments: