Sunday, January 28, 2007

What are you having for dinner?

I took some chicken breasts out of the freezer, but I wanted to do something different with them. So I have a couple of mangoes and thought maybe I'd do some sort of mango chicken stir fry. I found this basic recipe on the net, but I think I'll add a few veggies to it, because I love veggies in my stir fry. So I'll toss in some red peppers, red onions, carrots and brocolli for a little color, and some cauliflour, just because I love it in a stir fry!

MANGO CHICKEN

  • 3 lbs. chicken

  • 1/3 c. oil

  • 1/4 c. soy sauce

  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed

  • Salt and pepper

  • 1 c. mango slices

Heat oil in frying pan; add chicken pieces and brown. Pour off fat and add soy sauce
to chicken. Add garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low until almost tender. Add mango and cook 10 more minutes.


I'll cook up a batch of brown Basmati rice to go with it, and call it dinner! Sounds good to me! :-)

Olivia

No comments: