Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Well howdy!

I've been MIA for a bit again. Had a busy week this past week. Nothing real major, other than just busy.

Saturday we went to the annual parade that runs here for our Grape and Wine Festival. Yes, we live in the middle of wine country. Anyway, I hadn't been to the parade for a few years, so my hubby and I decided to go. The daughter of friends of ours was in the parade this year, with her high school "Junk Band". If you go to their web page, you can see a short video of last year's band in the parade in their multimedia section. I tried to get pictures of her this year, but by the time I found her in the band (in the last row!) they were already past us, and I didn't really want a picture of her back! Anyway, it's a pretty cool band, kinda like "Stomp". All the band members are banging on things like garbage cans, buckets, water jugs and stuff like that, hence the name, Junk Band!

One of my favorite marching bands was also in the parade this year. From Burlington Ontario, the Top Hat Marching Orchestra. This is an awesome band to see in a parade! They play cool music and dance, more so than march along the parade route, and the band leader is amazing to watch! He really gets right into it and dances the entire way!

Anyway, other than that, I've just been busy doing whatever, chores, errands and stuff like that.

Olivia

No comments: