Sunday, December 31, 2006

Twins born to 67 year old!

Good lord! Why on earth would a 67 year old woman want to be having babies at her age? But she did, and she's a first time mom to boot. The unidentified Spanish woman had in vitro fertilization in Latin America, and gave birth to twins on Saturday, December 30th, at 67 years old, making her the oldest mother ever to give birth. All are reported in good health, although the babies have been placed in incubators.

I just can't imagine it though. My own mother was 43 when she gave birth to me. I was an oops baby that came 10 years later than the rest of my siblings. And myself, I'm now 44 and wasn't able to have children, but at this point in my life, I couldn't imagine having any now. To think that this 67 year old new mom will be in her late 70s, early 80s when those babies hit their teen years. Yikes! And when they graduate, she'll be about 85 years old. I wish her all the luck in the world, and I hope she's around to meet her grandchildren.

Olivia

No comments: