Monday, February 19, 2007

Fat Tuesday tomorrow


Where will you be tomorrow? I'll be at work, but I'll be wishing I was on Bourbon Street in New Orleans taking in the festivities! I've always wanted to be able to go to Mardi Gras, but this is another year I won't be there for the fun. Maybe next year.

I think it would be such a hoot to take in all the sights, and collect some beads! I would love to go just to get some really cool pictures, all so colorful with the floats, the people, the costumes and the masks. Some of them are really very impressive! Yeah, it sure is the party to be at, there's no doubt there!
I remember when Katrina ravished New Orleans (I know we all do) and how devastating it was for those poor people that live there and lost everything... many their lives as well. It's so sad. But they continued on with the celebration last year, and for that I was glad. I think the peole still there needed that. I mean is there anyone that doesn't think Mardi Gras when they think of New Orleans? I don't think so. Just now, we also think of the loss and devestation of the people there that went through Katrina. That to me makes Mardi Gras, and New Orleans all the more special and a place I want to visit.
Olivia
p.s. don't forget to !!!

No comments: