Sunday, April 29, 2007

Blowin' in the wind...

Yesterday it rained all day, but when I let the dog out last night before I went to bed, I was so happy to see the moon shining in all it's glory, and a star-filled night, well, as much star-filled as it can be with all the light pollution from the city lights. I woke up early this morning and started the laundry so I could start hanging outside in the sunshine. I love hanging my laundry much better than putting it in the dryer. After I had coffee with my mother-in-law, as I do every weekend morning (she lives right next door), we went out to our open back yard and started cleaning out and digging up our flower beds. We cut one of my huge hostas in half and planted part of it in another area of the yard. I love hostas, especially this one variety I have. I don't know what it's called, but I got two plants from a friend of mine that passed away a couple years ago. She had brought them to me from her mom's garden, who has also passed on. Anyway, I want to keep this variety going, and divide them when I can to make more plants. They have a nice large leaf and are solid green. I'll take some pictures of them when they grow this year and post them here. Maybe one of you green thumbers can tell me what the variety is.

Anyway, I had my camera out in the yard today too. Here's a picture I took of some scatter rugs I washed and had hanging to dry. I love t
he colors, and I love strange pictures! ;-)



Olivia

No comments: