Sunday, June 17, 2007

Have you ever heard of...

One thing I've always heard was to never ever place a magnet near your computer because it can cause damage to your computer. I guess it's the magnetic force that can harm some of the the components in your computers systems. I don't know if this is a fact or not, but it's something I was told once, and I always make sure that anything magnetic is not anywhere near my computer. I did look this up and the force is called Electromagnetic Interference, also known as EMI. There is EMI Shielding that can be used to protect items that could otherwise be damaged from this magnetic force, but I wouldn't want to take the chance to find out if my computer has any of these protections. Hard drives can spaz out on their own without the aid of a magnet doing the job for me!

Olivia

No comments: