Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Still painting!

Wow! Did I take on a big job or what?! I've been stuck in my kitchen the past few days, painting, painting, painting! So far I have the ceiling done, the walls, and most of the cupboards. I still have one more base cupboard to do, and finish the doors with another coat. Then I have miles of trim! Okay, so it's not miles, but I have a lot of trim, and I had previously painted it black, and am now painting it all white, so it's going to take about 3 coats at least. But it's going to look great when it's all done! I'm also going to do new flooring, because as you know if you've done any kind of re-decorating, once you do one part new and nice, the rest looks crappy! Of course my floor is 13 years old, and was just cheap peel and stick tiles at the time. They yellowed on me, and I was never really happy with them after that. I'm also toying with the idea of doing a tile backsplash. I'll have to give that a bit more thought. It's practical for us, as my husband, although he's a great cook, he's definitely not a clean cook, so wiping tiles clean would be a lot easier to manage than scrubbing walls. And I'm still deciding how I'm going to do my counter tops. Will I ever finish?

Olivia

No comments: