Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Any vacation plans?

Got any vacation plans this summer? This is one of my questions I ask many of our regular customers at the bank. I love hearing about where people are going on vacation! We have a large Italian clientele at our branch, and many of them are going home to Italy to visit family they still have living there. But today I saw this one man (an older Italian gentleman) whom I've known for several years, back to my old job, and I hadn't seen in quite a long time. When I asked him if he was going to go back home this summer for a visit, he smiled and told me that he went last year, so this year they were taking their grandchildren to Florida to see "The Mouse"! His face just lit up like a 1000 watt lightbulb when he was telling me about this trip! He said they are driving down south and have rented a condo for a week in Orlando to take in all the theme parks. His daughter went online to find them the perfect Orlando vacation home, complete with a full kitchen so Nonna can still cook up some pasta for Nonno and the bambinos. I told him he should be giving Nonna some time off, and treat her to dinner out while on vacation. He told me yes, he would, but she says she makes the pasta better than any restaurant! Go figure! So they'll have fun, and they'll eat good too! 8:-)

Olivia

No comments: