Monday, September 24, 2007

Spider Pig was there!

Tonight we watched the season premier Simpson's show, and I got a good chuckle out of Bart's lines on the blackboard... "I will not wait another 20 years to make a movie", or something along those lines. Then, when the family all plunked down on the couch, there was Spider Pig on Homer's lap, and the music changed to the Spider Pig song. What a hoot! I love that show!

So we're watching along and Homer is jetting off with Mr. Burns in his private jet to Chicago, when all of a sudden my husband managed to hit the mute button on the remote, and the closed captioning kicked in, so we had to read Lionel Richie singing beer beer, beer beer! At first we didn't know what happened, but after me freaking out a bit, my husband realized which button he hit and un-muted the TV. I feel sorry for those people that have to read their TV shows. I couldn't imagine not hearing the different voices, especially the Simpson's voices. Just wouldn't be the same reading "A-ha!" instead of hearing Nelson say it. ;-)

Olivia

1 comment:

Therese said...

I agree with you. I can't imagine not being able to hear the shows I love to watch but at least there is such a thing as closed captioning for the hearing impaired!