Friday, October 19, 2007

Boom, boom, out go the lights!

We've been having some insane weather here lately for this time of year. This week it's been quite hot, and humid too. It's so weird to have temperatures like this when the leaves on the trees are turning color and falling.

Last night when I went to bed, I switched the TV onto the weather station to see what today was going to be like. I found out we were under a severe thunderstorm watch for overnight. They were saying this storm was coming up from Michigan way, where they were having reports of twisters. That really freaked me out, because number one, I can't imagine having a twister warning in the first place, and number two, to have these warnings in the night while you're supposed to be sleeping and it's dark and you couldn't see one coming just totally gives me the willies.

So anyway, this morning at about 6am we had a real banger of a storm move in. A real loud clap of thunder woke me up, and it has to be pretty darned loud to wake me up from a sleep. Thank goodness it did though, because when it zapped the power out for a minute or so, I realized that my alarm clock needs it's batteries replaced. When the power came back on it just flashed 12:00 instead of resuming the time from battery back up. So I ended up getting up then, because I was afraid if the power went off again I wouldn't wake up in time for work. Guess I better pick up some new batteries this weekend before work Monday morning in case we get any more storms.

Olivia

No comments: