Wednesday, October 03, 2007

How do you organize your time?

Time management is one of my biggest problems. From getting to work on time in the morning, to having enough hours in the day to accomplish things I need to get done. I sometimes wonder if I have some sort of problem or something. I just always seem to be behind the eight ball getting things accomplished or being on time for somewhere I have to be.

It all starts in the morning when I get up (after snoozing the alarm a few times, which is why I set my clock earlier than I have to!). I have my shower and get ready for work, with thoughts of stopping by Timmies to get a coffee, but when the time comes that I'm finally ready to leave the house, I'm already running late and never have time for that damned coffee! I'm normally late for work, only by five minutes or so, but just always! I don't get it. I don't take an overly long time in the shower, or getting ready. I get out of bed with well over an hour to get ready, which when I add up all the time it takes for every task, I should have a spare 20 minutes or so, and that's with getting my coffee and being at work on time. I have about a five minute drive to work, so that's no big deal there. Yet every morning it's the same thing, and I can't figure out where it is that I'm wasting time to cause me to be late. It's frustrating.

Then at the end of the day I get home, and I'm always just so damned tired to do anything constructive it seems. I still have my counters and some trim to paint in my kitchen from my redecorating I did in the summer. What's the problem here? That's not a big job, and I should be able to knock that off my list one evening after dinner, but I haven't. If I have any errands to do, like groceries or anything like that, I begrudgingly do them right after work, before I even come home, or else I know I won't want to go back out once I've sat for a bit.

It's like I have zero energy after working all day. My doctor suggested that I take Vitamin B12 for some added energy, but that's just not seeming to do anything, since I've been taking it for several months now, and I still just feel tired and lazy in the evenings. I don't know what the problem is, other than the fact that I think I may have just fallen into a rut -- some sort of lazy rut or something, and I need to crawl my way out of it.

I'd like to be like other productive people that go to work all day, go home for dinner and accomplish different tasks they have to to, like some simple housework and such so it's not all piled up for the weekends. I feel like I'm bombarded with crap to do on the weekends, and never seem to get any R&R time to enjoy before the next week starts on Monday.

So while my hubby is up north this time, I think I'm going to make up a chart of things I want to get done and schedule them in, even after work. Maybe forcing myself to do these things instead of sitting on my duff will help to pull me out of this rut I seem to be in.

Olivia

No comments: