Sunday, January 13, 2008

A golden outlook

So another year has passed, and a new one has started. So many people have new dreams for the following year ahead of us. Some want to go on vacations. Some want to move to a nicer or bigger house. Some want to get a shiny new car. And most of us want to have good health and prosperity.

I of course plan on working as hard as I can to help paying down my debt. It's looking pretty good since this time last year, so I must be doing something right. I just want to be able to do a little better this year. Okay a lot better is fine too! It would be nice to be debt free and be able to invest more for my retirement. I wouldn't lock everything into any sort of registered retirement fund though. Uh-uh. I would like to be able to spread it around a bit, and invest in other avenues as well. Take gold and silver for example. Have you ever followed the prices of these precious metals for any length of time to see how they're rising? Gold has more than doubled in price over the last five years -- almost tripled, in fact. Same goes for silver too. It sure would be nice to be able to have a few extra bucks to spend at Monex on some gold and silver, and sock it away in a safety deposit box for a couple decades, but for now I have to concentrate on paying that loan of mine off! ;-)

Olivia

No comments: