Thursday, December 07, 2006

Looking for a good whipped cream frosting recipe...

Speaking of Christmas and work parties and such, every year I usually take in some holiday goodies I’ve made for my fellow employees on the last day of work before the holidays. This year, I want to make this gorgeous cake I saw in a magazine. It has a nice fluffy white frosting all over it, but the directions call for using store bought frosting, like Betty Crocker Easy to spread or something like that. I don’t want to use that stuff, because it’s so freaking sugary and way too sweet in my opinion. I’d really like to use a whipped cream frosting, but I’ve never made one before. Whenever I’ve bought a cake around here, I’ve always gone to this one particular bakery that I know offers a choice of a butter cream or a whipped cream frosting, and of course I always opt for the whipped.

I’ve searched around on the net a bit for a recipe and it appears that I have to have a gelatin stabilizer or something like that added to the frosting, which apparently aids it in not breaking down and going all watery. You know how cool whip does that in the container if you don’t use it all up right away? Gross!

Anyway, if anyone has a good recipe for a whipped cream frosting you’d care to share with me, please leave it in the comments for me here and I’d be greatly appreciative!

If my cake turns out good, I’ll try to remember to take a picture and post it here!

Thanks! :-)

Olivia

No comments: