Monday, March 12, 2007

Bathing suit woes

It was aquafit class tonight, and would you believe I had to stop by Wally World on the way to the pool to get another bathing suit? The chlorine is just killing my suits! This makes the third swim suit for me since September, and that's only going to the pool twice a week. It was terrible when I got out of the pool last week and the butt of my once elasticised suit was hanging half way to my knees! Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating a wee tad, but it was definitely hanging and not snug like it should be!

I did a little research when I got home from the pool last Wednesday, and I think I am partly to blame for the demise of my last two swimsuits. After showering in them at the pool, I would come home and hang my suit up to dry, and then wash in the washing machine, and ack, horrors of horrors, toss it in the dryer. I didn't' realize I was doing this all wrong! I found out I should soak it in cold water, wash by hand with a mild detergent like Woolite or Zero, and hang dry only. Never ever put it in the dryer! So I made a pact with this new suit to do all the right things, and if it starts to disintegrate like the last two, then I know it's the chlorine, because I have done all I could to preserve the stretch in it!

Viva la bathing suit! :-)

Olivia

No comments: