Friday, March 09, 2007

March break madness

This past week at work has been pretty busy. A lot of people were coming into the bank to purchase travelers cheques and US cash from us. In fact, at close today I only had $14.00 in US currency left in my till. I went through over $6000.00 of it today alone! Of course today was insanely busy because it's the last day of school here for a week. Next week is March break in the schools here, and that is a notorious time when people go on vacation with their kids. It's a great time of the year to head south and get away from the nasty weather we've had lately. I know I'm tired of looking at ice and snow myself!

Many of our clients are heading to Orlando, and taking their kids on a Disney vacation. Because I've worked in the same branch for so many years and am very comfortable talking to many of our regular clients, I was asking some of them if they got any good deals on Disney World packages. Most of the people I talked to had looked online to find deals for their trips, and only a couple had actually had their travel agents look into this for them. Personally, I'm not big on letting a travel agent scour out a deal for me. They're busy enough booking trips for all of their clients, and I think it's better to hunt down the deals yourself on the Internet. I think I would be more apt to put in longer time ensuring I've got the best deal possible, than what a travel agent would have the time to spend doing that for me.

At any rate, I'm not going anywhere in the near future, so I don't have to worry about making travel plans myself or having an agent do it for me. Unless I win the lottery this weekend of course! ;-)


Olivia

No comments: