Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm a soda pop addict!

So I got a really cool thing in the mail today! My own soda pop maker from Sodaclub.com. I didn't even know something like this even existed until about a couple weeks ago. So when I got my last commission cheque, I ordered a start up kit. It came with the machine, 2 CO2 cylinders, 8 flavor bottles that I got to choose the flavors of and will make a total of 96 litres of soda, plus 7 sample flavors that make 1 litre each, and 4 reusable carbonating bottles.

My husband and I have been on a pop making frenzy this evening! We made a diet grapefruit first, followed by grape and then diet rootbeer. Delicious, and bubbly too! There are over 25 different flavors you can choose from, including an energy drink. I choose mostly diet flavors, as that's just what we've always preferred, plus the fact that my husband is a diabetic. The diet flavors are made with Splenda, so for those of you that don't like aspartame, this is a big plus. The regular flavors contain about 2/3 less sugar than regular soda pop, and less sodium as well. And for those of you that prefer a seltzer to a soda, with the carbonation you can make your own seltzer as well! I'm going to try making some of those with just some lemon or lime juice. I think they'd be great on a hot humid summer day! Tomorrow we're going to try the orange mango, the diet Pete's choice, which is like a Dr. Pepper, and the diet cola.

I think this is going to be great for many reasons. Number one being the savings of not buying soda at the store, and of course not having to lug it home, either in cans or bottles. Yeah, this is good!

Cheers!

Olivia

No comments: