Monday, May 07, 2007

My brother called

Tonight my brother called. His call actually woke me up from my nap. I was kind of shocked at his call, since we had just talked on the weekend, but it seems he's on a bit of a mission. Now my brother is the king of discount, and will find any way possible to save a buck or two, and preferably more! When we talked on the weekend, he asked me if I booked my flight yet, to go back home this summer for my vacation. I told him I had been following the airline deals, and they didn't have any seat sales posted yet for when I will be travelling. I also told him I would probably end up paying about the same I did last year, which is about $700.00. Yeah, travel within Canada is ridiculous!

So tonight he calls and suggests that I check into booking a flight from here to Vegas, and then a flight from Vegas to Bellingham, Washington, which is about a 20 minute drive from where they are. Like he said, you can always manage to find a cheap flight to and from Vegas. Hm, what a concept! But I told him, Vegas is one place I've always wanted to go to, and I don't know if I could fly there without staying for a couple days. So he then suggests why don't I do that, and he'll send his wife down there to meet me. Us girls can have a little fun for a few days, and then head back to BC for the rest of my vacation. He's checked out flights, and it would save me about $200.00 in airfare costs. Now there's the added expense of lodging and spending money in Vegas for a few days, but we're talking Vegas, baby! I'm going to seriously consider this option. I don't really have anyone around these parts that would ever want to go there with me, so this really is an opportunity to see this exciting city. And it would make one hell of a vacation! Vegas and visiting my family all in one shot. Yeah, it's all good!

Olivia

No comments: