Saturday, May 05, 2007

Peaches, peaches, everywhere!

Gonna move out to the country... gonna eat a lot of peaches...


As I had mentioned earlier, I took my mother in law for a drive out to the country to see the blossoms. Wow! I guess I kind of forgot how many peach farms there were in that area! As we drove down the country roads, it was like we were enclosed in a sea of pink all around us! The peach trees are in full blossom right now, and they're so pretty. We took some pictures, but it was a wee tad windy so it was hard to get really good close ups, because by the time you'd focus on a blossom, the wind would blow the branch right out of focus. However, I am happy with what I got anyway. This is the first year I've been able to go take any pictures of them since I got my digital about five years ago. Every year I've either missed them, or the weather hasn't co-operated with my days off during blossom time.

So here's a look at what I saw today...




A view down the path between the rows. I love the bright dandelions growing between the rows!
















Here's a bit of a close up, but as I said, I would get it all focused, then the wind would gust a bit and through it out of focus, or my mother in law would decide to move in on a blossom within my picture frame!








Then we stopped at a cherry farm, and I tried several shots to get some close ups of the cherry blossoms, but it was too windy by then, and I just couldn't manage to get a well focused picture. This was about the best I have. But with cherries being my all time favorite fruit of summer, I hope that judging by the bazillions of blossoms on the trees that this year will be another bumper crop like we had around here last year!









Tomorrow my hubby and I are meeting some friends for breakfast, and then heading out for a little drive in his new to him vehicle. (He just put a Suzukki Sidekick on the road) Hopefully we'll end up near some apple orchards so I get some pictures of those blossoms too! I love this time of year.

Olivia

No comments: