Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Appreciative Coaching

I've been reading this web release about this new book, titled "Appreciative Coaching: A Positive Process for Change". It was written by three doctors; Jacqueline Binkert, PhD., Ann Clancy, PhD., and Sara Orem, PhD., who also happens to be a faculty member with Capella University. Ms. Orem, in addition to working with Capella (the university that offers many online courses including 16 different certificate programs) also owns her own coaching firm. She states this book "guides the reader through four stages – Discovery, Dream, Design and Destiny – that inspire them to an appreciative and empowering view of themselves and their future." She also says that it's "written for individual coaches of managers, executives, and people who do one-on-one work with other people that can influence and create change in their organizations."

I'm personally no longer in a position where I'm in charge of any staff members, but I was in my past jobs. However, I do work with the public, and I think it would be a good read for anyone what works with other people on a daily basis. I love books like this that can help give a better understanding to all human behaviour. In my opinion, these types of readings can help in all of our relationships, from spousal, family to coworkers and the general public, as well as our own personal lives.


Olivia


This blog post was based on information provided by Blogitive. For more information, please visit Blogitive.com.

No comments: