Thursday, June 07, 2007

Dreams of paradise

Last night I was browsing through this small local paper we get here, and I came across this ad for last minute vacations. One of the destinations was actually for a ten day cruise, and the price was very good. It was to Hawaii! I'd love to jump aboard ship and head off into the sunset on my way to Honolulu!

Yeah, that would be a dream vacation alright. It's definitely one place I really want to go. But I'm not sure if I would want to go there on a cruise or not. I think I'd rather fly there, and spend all the nights on the islands instead, rather than just a day trip or two to a couple ports, like you would do with a cruise. I think I'd much rather rent a nice condo on the beach there for a couple weeks, and have the time to explore the sights, and of course hang out at the beach lots too. I love the beach! I'd like to fly to Oahu and stay right in Honolulu. Waikiki beach is a must for me. My brother has been a few times, and he tells me the other islands are beautiful too. He's been to Maui, the big island -- Hawaii, and Kauai, along with Oahu. But my preference is to head to Oahu, at least for my first time there anyway. Now had I won the lottery last night, I would have been searching the kona vacation rentals right now, but I was a few numbers short.

I'm supposed to be going in 2009 with my sister and her husband. I've got my Hawaii vacation fund going, and it's slowly growing. Thankfully they too want to head to Honolulu as well, and we do plan on renting a condo while we're there. I don't know if it will be on the beach or not; probably not, to save a few bucks, but it will still be paradise! I can't wait!

Olivia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

There are links to our website, www.hawaiianbeachrentals.com, on this post, and also at:
http://funkyolive.blogspot.com/2007/06/maui-wowie.html
http://funkyolive.blogspot.com/2007/07/what-jokester.html
http://funkyolive.blogspot.com/2007_06_01_archive.html

Can you please remove the post or just our links?

Best regards,
Jeff