Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I got sent home

So I've been off work since last Friday with a nasty cold/flu kind of thing. This morning I got up, and got ready for work. I noticed my throat is a little sore again, just like this whole thing first started out. I'm hoping that it ends the same way it started.

Anyway, I got ready and went to work. When I got there, one of my coworkers was waiting in the lobby, because they couldn't let us in yet, while the vault was open. So this coworker was telling me to go back home, that they weren't expecting me, and I still sounded awful. I said I can't miss any more work, that I'd already been off three days as it was. (Yes, I do get paid sick days, but I just don't like to miss work is all.) So when they were ready inside, our manager came to the door to let us in. My coworker told my manager not to let me in! So she asked me why I was there, and I said I was coming to work. She said I didn't look or sound like I was better enough to be there, and that I was to go home and get better. I told her I don't like missing work like that, and she told me not to worry about it, and that they didn't want me giving everyone else this bug, so I was to go home.

So back home I came, and I've been trying to reach my doctor's office to see if I can get in today to get some stronger meds, but I'm not having any luck getting through on the phone. I guess I'm not the only one in town with this bug. I hate being sick. It sucks.

Olivia

No comments: