Sunday, June 17, 2007

I need more fabric!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here before or not, but I am a fabric junkie! Yes, I'm addicted to fabric. I have bins and bins of it here in this room with me, along with a few more bins down in the basement. I used to do a lot of sewing of kids clothes, all my own creations, which I would sell on eBay. I've got three sewing machines, including my Cadillac -- a computerized embroidery machine that does the best appliques I have ever been able to do the old way. I love to digitize all my applique designs now, and then let that beautiful machine put my creation together. Okay, so there's still work on my part, such as taking out the hoop, cutting the excess fabric and placing the next color, as well as changing the threads, but the quality of the finished applique is so superior that those steps don't bother me at all.

Anyway, I've been looking for some vintage fabrics to make some new curtains and tea towels for my new kitchen. My new color combination -- the light sage green and white on the cupboards really reminds me of the old 50's kitchy looks for some reason. I keep seeing cherries, so I thought I'd like to get some vintage looking cherry fabric to have a little fun with. I'd love to do some white tea towels with a couple of appliqued cherries, and a border of some cool vintage fabric. And then maybe a little window topper in the same fabric. I'm sure I'll find something, and if not, I can always hunt through my stash again! But fabric shopping is so fun!

Olivia

No comments: