Sunday, June 24, 2007

I wanna sit!

I really wish my kitchen were bigger. At least big enough to put in a small table and a couple of chairs. I was looking at home furniture at a couple sites online, and I love those bar height tables with a couple chairs. We used to have a table and chairs in here, but when we bought the new fridge a few years back, it had to go on another wall, as it is too big to fit in where the old fridge was. Right now I have my icky microwave cart in that spot. My long term plan is to get another base cabinet to fit that area, and extend my counter. Then I want to build a shelf under my cabinets for my microwave. That would give me a lot of extra counter and cupboard space. But it won't help me being able to have a small table and chairs. I'd have room to put a little set in next to my fridge if I were to build in my now portable dishwasher I think, but then I'd lose my double sink. I'd have to weigh the pros and cons of that, and decide what I want more, a double sink or a bar height bistro set. Hmm, I think I should have thought about this before I started re-doing my kitchen! I guess I'm just one of those people that will never be completely happy. Maybe I need a new house! ;-)

Olivia

No comments: