Sunday, June 24, 2007

Maui Wowie!

My brother called me this morning. He calls me every 3-4 weeks or so, and always on a Sunday morning. We were talking about my upcoming vacation back home next month, and what all I was planning to do while I am out there this year. Then he told me about all his excess vacation time that he has owed to him from his job, and how his boss is on him to start using up some of this time. So him and my sister in law are taking a couple weeks at the beginning of July and driving to Manitoba to visit her family. Then he said he was going to take a couple days off while I'm out west visiting. And they are going to take yet another trip to Hawaii in November. He said they are going for three weeks this time. I can't even count how many times he's been to the Hawaiian islands. They are going to Maui again this time, because it's his favorite. If I can remember right, he's had about four Maui Vacations over the past 20 years or so. But now they have a friend that has a condo in Maui that they can rent for pretty cheap. So I don't blame him for choosing Maui as their destination either. But like he said, it's his favorite of all the islands too. He's an avid golfer too, and he said the golfing on Maui is like no other place in the world. The views are spectacular, and he's never golfed a bad game there either! Although I'm the most amateur of amateur golfers, I wouldn't mind doing a round or two in Hawaii!

Olivia

No comments: