Sunday, July 01, 2007

Still going!

Oy! I'm still not done with my kitchen. I don't know. Either I'm getting old, or I just take a little more time doing a better job that what I did last time I did the kitchen, which was 13 years ago. Mind you, at that time I had a helper, but we did kind of just slap the paint on too, which is part of the reason of why the painting of the cupboards took so long this time. Today, I've been going all day, except for when I took an hour or so off while a friend came to visit. Not too bright on my part, now that I think about it. I should have put her to work! Anyway, I've got a little over half of my floor installed. Well, maybe about 2/3 is done, but I just can't do any more tonight. My back is killing me from stooping over rolling the tiles once I've done a section. I've been really putting some good pressure on the roller, and giving it a good go-over so I don't have any lifting corners. Most of what took so long today was repairing some of the old tiles that needed replacing and filling with wood filler. I had about six of them that I had to replace completely, and I'm telling you, for reasonably cheap tiles I bought at Price Club 13 years ago, those suckers were stuck down pretty damned good! It was a miserable gooey job peeling the ones I needed to replace, and much cursing was happening! I was really hoping to get my counters painted tonight after my floor was done, or so I thought. Ha! Nice try! Oh well, and my husband is coming home tomorrow, so this will be the first time I took on a job like this while he was away without me finishing it. I hate that! But then again, I'll have a few hours in the early part of the day to get some more done, so I better get my sorry and sore ass to bed and get some sleep!

Night all... ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Olivia

No comments: