Saturday, September 15, 2007

Jingle bells, jingle bells...

You know that long standing joke that you've heard time and time again around the holidays... "What are you getting me for Christmas this year?" Answer: "Same thing I got you last year." Well this year it's not going to be a joke if my husband asks me. Last year I bought him what he really wanted, which was a wooden ship model of the Bluenose. He really impressed me, the hours he was spending building this boat, sanding and sanding and gluing these itty bitty parts, and I could tell he was really quite proud of himself too. I had bought it with visions of it sitting partially put together, if that much, and then just collecting dust, but I have to say he did shock me with the enthusiasm put into this project. Then one day, when it was about half way finished a horrible thing happened. Our black lab (his dog) decided he needed a new chew toy, and this wooden ship with many man hours invested in seemed like just the thing to chew on. I thought my husband was literally going to cry when he discovered what Brutus had so brutally done. I don't remember if I blogged about it or not, and I'm too lazy to go back and check through my archives. I do know though that I wanted to give that dog up for adoption at that point. I was right p.o.'d about it!

So anyway, to get to the point of this post, I've decided that this year I'm going to shell out another $100 or so and replace that model for my hubby, and will dutifully make sure that blasted lab keeps his chompers off it! I'm going to check out Coupon Chief and see if there are any good coupons for my holiday shopping this year. I'm going to see if there are any good HobbyTron codes, with hopes of course that they carry this model.

While I'm checking at Coupon Chief, I'll see what's available for The Popcorn Factory deals too. I usually order some popcorn treats for my nephew and his family out west. He's a huge popcorn freak, and of course his little ones have followed suit to be just like Daddy too, so they love it when they get a popcorn assortment in the mail from their Auntie!

I plan on doing most of my holiday shopping online this year to save me from having to head out with the crazy mobs in the malls. That's why I love a site like Coupon Chief to help me save a buck or two here and there. It all adds up, and that leaves more money to buy myself a gift or two! ;-)


Olivia





No comments: