Saturday, September 15, 2007

Laundry woes

So it's Saturday, and as usual, I've got the laundry scene happening here at home before I go out today. The weather isn't so nice here today, so I'm going to have to dry my clothes in the dryer instead of hanging them outside. I hate that. I much prefer line dried laundry, over dryer dried, especially bedding. But when I only have the weekends to do my laundry, I don't have much of a choice if the weather isn't going to cooperate with me.

My dryer really sucks too. I need some work done on it, and I don't feel like paying a repairman to fix it. I can still use it, but it doesn't seem to cool down at the end of the cycle, so if I get carried away doing something else around the house, it dries my clothes to a wrinkly crisp. I'm assuming it's the timer. The dial does move as time goes on, but it doesn't buzz when the clothes are ready anymore, and worse, it doesn't cool down and stop. It just keeps on blowing hot air, no matter what setting I have it on.

I'd really like to look into getting a new laundry set though. I love those front loading Whirlpool Washing Machines and dryers. I've always stuck to one particular brand for all of my appliances, only because I put those purchases on credit at Sears, but I've never really been very happy with this laundry duo that I bought from them, so I think it's time to start checking out other manufacturers for my appliances.

There's a site called Krillion, where you can compare different brands of major appliances and TVs, etc. I, like most people do most of my research for big purchases like this online, rather than travelling store to store and talking to all different salespeople that are going to tell you their brand they carry is the best. The only problem with doing online research like this, is that sometimes you find what you really want to purchase, and then have a hard time finding out which local store carries that brand and that model. That's the nice thing about this Krillion site -- they have the reviews, and then they tell you the closest brick and mortar shops to you where you can purchase the item. Saves a whole lot of leg work, and I like that!

Oops, washer stopped... time to change loads!

Olivia

No comments: