Wednesday, October 03, 2007

What's cooking?

The one drawback of having hubby go away for weeks at a time, is that I don't have the luxury of coming home to dinner ready. He's the major cook in the house. He's good at it and he likes to cook. Now mind you he doesn't like to clean up after himself, but he does put out a tasty meal!

So for the next couple of weeks, George and I will be making my dinner together. George being my George Foreman grill! Tonight's menu included a couple of chicken drumsticks that George grilled up for me, some steamed cauliflower, baby potatoes and some coleslaw. I made enough so I have a lunch for tomorrow when I come home.

I think tomorrow I'll go pick up a couple things I need to make a big old pot of cabbage soup. That's my favorite! I don't make the diet cabbage soup, like everyone thinks I'm making when I say cabbage soup. I make my own, and I make it because I like it! I also want to try a potato soup recipe I found at Robbie's Recipes. It's called Loaded Baked Potato Soup, and it sounds real yummy... fattening, but yummy!

Another recipe I want to try out that a friend gave me is a crock pot recipe for Thai Chicken. It sounds good too, and she said she thinks I'll like it, so I'll have to give that a go. Using the crock pot is one way of coming home to dinner ready, or near ready! I don't have the recipe right handy, but I'll post it here soon.

Olivia

No comments: