Friday, February 08, 2008

Cough, gag, sputter, sputter, cough, cough

Man oh man, I've been down with a nasty cold all week. It seems as I get older these damn colds really seem to knock me on my ass when I get them now. They never used to stop me before. Maybe slow me down a bit, but that's about it. Now though, I'm literally put to bed by them, and they seem to last longer too. This one started on me last weekend. I had a bit of a sore throat when I was out at a friend's place last Saturday night, and woke up Sunday to a sore throat and my entire body aching from head to toe. I went to work Monday, and ended up coming home early. Well, if you can call an hour and a half really early, but that was the earliest I could get out of there. Straight to bed is where I went, and I slept through that night and the next day. Wednesday I felt a wee bit better in the latter part of the day, and then I felt like major crap yesterday morning, so another full day of sleep in bed. I thought for sure I would be able to go to work this morning, but it seems this cold has swirled once again, and it's gone from my throat and chest yesterday back to my head -- runny nose, sinus headache and sneezing again. What the hell? Are these cold strains getting worse as the years go by, or is old age creeping up on me with a vengence and my body is weakening to the point of not being able to fight back like I used to be able to? I'm really getting tired of this nasty bed head hair I have from sleeping so much!

Achooooo!

Olivia

No comments: