Monday, October 22, 2007

Company's coming...

Today my mother in law was telling me that our nephew is coming to town tomorrow with his father to visit. They live about an eight hour drive away, and they're coming for a week. It's going to be nice to see them, but I'm a little afraid for my nephew as well. He's got some addiction problems that he's been working on for the past month or so, and seems to be doing pretty well so far. My worry is that he'll get together with some of his old buddies here and end up getting into those bad habits. I can only hope that the drug treatment centers weekly meetings and counseling sessions he's been attending have made him strong enough to resist the temptations that he could end up facing if he meets up with his friends. It's pretty sad to have to think this way. A person should be able to look up their old friends they went school with, when they come home for a visit, without a possibility of doing harm to themselves. It seems drugs are so widespread these days, and much harsher than sharing a joint or two with your pals like when I was young. These kids are into some really nasty stuff. It's scary, just plain old scary!

Olivia

No comments: