Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I won a prize!

This morning at work during our morning meeting, our manager announced some winners from a contest we had going this past summer. I had actually forgot about this contest, but then again, I don't pay a lot of attention to them anyway. Well it turns out I was wonderful, and had successfully referred the required amount of clients for a particular product and in turn, I won a prize! Woohoo!!

Ordinarily for these types of promotions we win a gift card for a restaurant or something, but this time I got to pick what prize I wanted from a list of different items. In all honesty, I would have rather had the gift card, because the choices weren't that great for me. There were a few different toys, but I have no kids to give them to. There was some jewelry, but nothing I particularly liked. And there was steam mop thing! Nice! What the hell kind of prize is that?! So in the end, I chose a prize that I'll give to my hubby. It's a set that consists of a radio and a flashlight with the cranks on them, so you don't need batteries. I figure it will be good for him when he's fishing. And of course it will be good when we need a flashlight, because it never fails that every time we need one the batteries are dead! Oh well, it's kind of sappy, but it's a prize and I won it! ;-)

Olivia

No comments: